Did you know that, according to multiple elite scholars and peak performers, we are going to experience 100 years of technological change in the next 10 years?
Yes, you read that correctly. However, WE ARE NOT READY FOR THIS CHANGE!
Why? Well… here are a few stats to help you understand:
- We are Stressed out! 77% of people in the workplace experience stress symptoms (American Institute of Stress) … now try adding 100 years of technological change on top of that… yikes!
- We are Sick! 6 in 10 people in the United States suffer from AT LEAST 1 chronic disease. (CDC)
- We are Burned out! 95% of HR leaders say that employee burnout is at an epidemic level. (Morar Consulting)
- We are Distracted! 60% of work time during the week is spent on digital communication platforms (McKinsey) such as Instagram, Facebook, and others… and there are many cases where it’s much more than that!
So… what is the solution to this MASSIVE problem we have?
Deep, highly focused, preeminent, high-value work consistently applied over time through getting into Flow State (otherwise known as the ZONE).
There are two very important skills needed to THRIVE through the 2020s and they are:
- Accelerated ability to learn new complex things.
- Consistently produce Elite-Level work.
ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE EQUATION:
Performance = Skill – Interference
It really is just as simple as that. To perform at your very best every single day requires skill but also requires that you get rid of the things that promote interference to your performance. Here’s a few things that could cause interference for you:
- Inability to sustain focus and attention
- Susceptibility to Distraction
- Susceptibility to Frustration
- Physiological issues such as low Heart Rate Variability
- Chronic stress and illness
- Poor Sleep Quality
Just to name a few…
So, are you experiencing any of these or other points of interference taking away from your ability to perform at your best every day? How could you change your current daily habits to promote growth and increased performance?
I’ll leave you with that idea to chew on over the weekend. If you have any questions, we would love to talk with you! Visit https://tigerneuro.com/free-consult/ to learn more about how you can get rid of your interference and start producing elite-level, deeply-focused work day in and day out.
*Diamandis, P. H., & Kotler, S. (2012). Abundance: The future is better than you think. New York: Free Press.